I’ve finally got round to creaing a promotional video for BTPodshow and youtube.com. Hope you like it…
PCP#203… Geordies, podsters and the case of the missing hat…
- Chomsky Mast, by Louis Lingg and the Bombs. Paris, France.
Off up to London today for a BTPodshow shindig. Surprisingly I’ve never been to one of these before. There was the (now ledgendary) beer and darts meet-up a couple of years ago when they were scouting for talent, and then another meet-up sometime last year which I could not attend. I suspect they’re going to show us all the Podshow.V3 goodness, which may indeed be goodness, or an overengineered confusing mess of a website. OK, so I’m a fan of the Keep it Simple Stupid approach to websites, and the first thing I want to see on a podcasting site is the RSS feed, which is really hard to find at btpodshow.com.
Anyway it’s a chance to meet up with a few others, inclusing Rowley Cutler, Neil Dixon and Pete Cooper, so should be a laugh!
Now who’d have thought it, that my old friend, Mr Paul (The Saint) Snelling (aka The Grumbling Dragon) would finally break his duck and record his first podcast? Well it seems that a days outing with a wail of other podcasters, (Grumbler and the Wailers, perhaps?) has finally persuaded him to record his first, which you, can find here, or (better still) subscribe to here.
The old fart has made rather a fine attempt at the genre, putting my first attempts truly in the shade, and I hope there will be many more from the grumbling stables!
He does mention that MUMU may stand for:-
Music and Mumblings (unlikely)
Muumuu, a Hawaiian dress (which he only wears on thursdays)
Mumu, a Filipino Monster (very likely)
Mumu, a short story by Ivan Turgenev (Ivor Biggun more likely)
But having looked for an appropriate image to decorate this blog post I’ve found that MUMU leads you to:-
A VW beetle adorned with a picture of the female genetalia
Various other pictures of female genetalia
A picture of a dog (above)
Now, the grumbler has been described in many ways, and I’m absolutely sure that the female genetalia have been involved, but I rather like the image of the dog…… small, obedient, well trained, quiet and unlikely to bite.
ps. what does oxymoron mean?
- 60-40 Riddim, by Dr RemiX. Second Life.[Versionist]
- Hininga, by Mercan Dede. Istanbul, Turkey & Montreal, Canada. [Myspace]
- In Dub Charge, by Jah Billah meets Dub Dragoon. Chicago, USA. [Versionist]
- Sauda (Alternative vox mix), by Volfonique vs Dr Dub. Netherlands. [Myspace]
- Coloured Soil, by THMS (featuring Manjhima). Germany. [Soundclick]
- Akuaka (Dubree 123 remix) by Drosselmeyer. Moscow, Russian Federation. [Versionist]
- Birth Of A Dream, by Ackboo. Toulouse, France. [Versionist]
- Cherry Dub (2008 version) by Lion Of Joppa Soundsystem. Edinburgh, Scotland. [Versionist]
All the artists featured on this podcast have given permission for me to play their work, either because the pieces have been downloaded from the Podsafe Music Network, Magnatune, IODA Promonet, through Creative Commons Licenses, through their record label, or directly via email.
This podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.