Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Wee Donkey…with tracks by…Yard Act, Gdjyb, Moonlight Benjamin, English Teacher, Bilk, Bleach Lab, Hyangni, Ivy Flindt, The Blaze Velluto Collection, Odessey & Oracle, Purple Pilgrims, New Candys, TV Priest, Tito Ramirez
- Yard Act – Dark Days [UK]
- Gdjyb – Backspace [Hong Kong]
- Moonlight Benjamin – Memwa’n [Haiti]
- English Teacher – The World’s Biggest Paving Slab [UK]
- Bilk – Stop Pranging Out [UK]
- Bleach Lab – Old Ways [UK]
- Hyangni – Obedience Addiction [South Korea]
- Ivy Flindt – When You’re Not Around [Germany]
- The Blaze Velluto Collection – Fish Mountain, Part II [Canada]
- Odessey & Oracle – Mascara [France]
- Purple Pilgrims – I’m Not Saying [New Zealand]
- New Candys – Excess [Italy]
- TV Priest – Press Gang [UK]
- Tito Ramirez – Last Train [Spain]
Sadly The Great Escape Festival has been cancelled for a second year. They do have plans for a Virtual Festival and tickets can be purchased HERE. Not sure me and the usual suspects will be attending. Who knows? We may have our own festival.
The Virtual Festival… with tracks by… The Wet Secrets Les Breastfeeders, The Black Angels, Hollie Cook, Cherie and Renno, Le Galaxie, Philadelphia Grand Jury, Lay Low, Jackson Firebird, Velociraptor, Ben Caplan the Casual Smokers, Ichi, Noisy Pots, Blek, Skint & Demoralised, A Forest of Fools, Jambinai.
- Get Your Shit Together, by The Wet Secrets. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. (2014)
- Tout va pour le mieux dans le pire des mondes, by Les Breastfeeders. Montréal, Québec, Canada. (2007)
- Black Greace, by The Black Angels. Austin, Texas, USA. (2006)
- Tiger Balm, by Hollie Cook. London, England. (2014)
- Let Me In, by Cherie and Renno. Tel Aviv, Israel. (2016)
- Humanize, by Le Galaxie. Dublin, Ireland. (2015)
- Going To The Casino (Tomorrow Night), by Philadelphia Grand Jury. Sydney, Australia.(2010)
- Please Don’t Hate Me, by Lay Low. Iceland. (2007 & 2014)
- Bottle Bin, by Jackson Firebird. Mildura, Australia. (2012)
- Cynthia, by Velociraptor. Brisbane, Australia. (2013)
- Conduit, by Ben Caplan the Casual Smokers. Halifax, Nova Sctia, Canada.(2012)
- Go Gagambo, by Ichi. Bristol, England. (2014)
- Hit Me (Missy Elliott Get Ur Freak On Cover), by Noisy Pots. Prague, Czech Republic. (2015)
- Lord Inside, by Blek. Mumbai, India. (2013)
- Red Lipstick, by Skint & Demoralised. Wakefield, England.(2008)
- Badger Squad, by A Forest of Fools. England. (2017)
- Time of Extinction, by Jambinai. Seoul, South Korea. (2019)
All We Have Is Now … The Great Escape 2019…. with tracks by … Tallies, Pom Poko, Soaked Oats, Drinking Boys and Girls Choir, Body Type, Skint and Demoralised, Jambinai, False Advertising, Stonefield, These New South Whales, Pagan, The Kicklips, Bilk, Sydney.
- Beat the Heart, by Tallies. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- My Blood, by Pom Poko. Oslo, Norway.
- Perfect Song, by Soaked Oats. Dunedin, New Zealand.
- National Police Shit, by Drinking Boys and Girls Choir. Daegu, South Korea.
- Palms, by Body Type. Sydney, Australia.
- Boro Kitchen 4am, by Skint and Demoralised. London, England.
- Time Of Extinction, by Jambinai. Seoul, South Korea.
- Hey You, by False Advertising. Manchester, England.
- Far From Earth, by Stonefield. Melbourne, Australia.
- We Dont Need You Anymore, by These New South Whales. Sydney, Australia.
- Imitate Me, by Pagan. Melbourne, Australia.
- Hillywood, by The Kicklips. Sheffield, England.
- CM2, by Bilk. Essex, England.
- Ode to the Journey, by Sydney. Bristol, England.
When you go to a product website you expect to see products on sale, right? Socks, food, cameras. That’s why you go there, to look and to buy.
So why do so many of the The Great Escape artist and band websites have no music on them? If I want to go to your website, your facebook, twitter or instagram page I want to hear some music, see a YouTube video or something that tells me what you’re going to be like live. It’s not that hard to do either.
So why is that peeps? Where’s the person that should be doing this? Where’s the manager or the label rep when you need them? Get on with it.
If you want a job done then get do it yourselves. That’s what upcoming bands The Tuts are doing. Lots of piccies and video snippets on Facebook and Twitter and music on Bandcamp. They even have their own Wikipedia age. And now they’re supporting The Specials!!
Come on you TGE bands. Get your arses in gear and get your music out there. And of rant.
Great Escape 2018 …with tracks by … Boy Azooga,The Orielles, Noble Jacks, ADOY, Pitou, Nana Adjoa, Pip Blom, Nêhiyawak, Billy Carter, Maison Book Girl, Amyl and the Sniffers, Say Sue Me, Kioko.
- Face Behind Her Cigarette, by Boy Azooga. Cardiff, Wales. Dr Marten’s Stage
- I Only Bought It For The Bottle, by The Orielles. Halifax, England. Beach House
- The Blacksmith’s Stomp, by Noble Jacks. Lewes, England. Jubilee Square
- Don’t Stop, by ADOY. Seoul, South Korea. The Hope and Ruin
- Walls, by Pitou. Amsterdam, Netherlands. Komedia
- No Sleep, by Nana Adjoa. Amsterdam, Netherlands. Komedia
- Babies Are A Lie, by Pip Blom. Amsterdam, Netherlands. Komedia
- Starlight, by Nêhiyawak. Edmonton, Canada. The Queens Hotel
- Time Machine, by Billy Carter. Seoul, South Korea. The Volks
- Karma, by Maison Book Girl. Japan. The Arch
- I’m Not A Loser, by Amyl and the Sniffers. Melbourne, Australia. Beach House
- Old Town, by Say Sue Me. Busan, South Korea. Patterns
- Deadly Roots, by Kioko. Birmingham, England. The Richmond
Great Escape 2018 – Warm Up Part 2…with tracks by …Noisy Pots, The Black Angels, Danpyunsun and the Sailors, Keston Cobblers’ Club, Forest Of Fools, Eastern Eagle, A Tribe Called Red, Ben Caplan and the Casual Smokers, Honningbarna, Cherie and Renno, Jackson Firebird, Mystic Braves, Hollie Cook, Lay Low.
- Gastronomy, by Noisy Pots. Prague, Czech Republic 
- Doves, by The Black Angels. Austin, Texas, USA. 
- Lover, by Danpyunsun and the Sailors. – South Korea 
- Your Mother, by Keston Cobblers’ Club. Keston, England. 
- Suggestive Digestive, by Forest Of Fools. England. 
- Red Riddom, ft Eastern Eagle (Mi’kmaq), by A Tribe Called Red. Ottawa, Canada. 
- Conduit, by Ben Caplan and the Casual Smokers. Halifax. Nova Scotia, Canada. 
- Dodtid (Downtime), by Honningbarna (Honey Children). Kristiansand, Norway. 
- Let Me In, by Cherie and Renno. Israel. 
- 411 Positrac, by Jackson Firebird. Mildura, Northern Victoria, Australia. 
- Desert Island, by Mystic Braves. Los Angeles, USA. 
- Ari Up, by Hollie Cook. Brighton, England. 
- Mojo Love, by Lay Low. Iceland [2007 & 2014]
Great Escape 2018 – Warm Up Part 1…with tracks by …Velociraptor, Le Galaxie, Betty And The Werewolves, Jacco Gardner, Les Breastfeeders, The Voodoo Love Orchestra, Agent Side Grinder, ICHI, Nelson, Skint and Demoralised, Barbarella’s Bang Bang, Nordic Giants, Oracles.
- The Walk On By, by Velociraptor. Brisbane, Australia. 
- Humanise, by Le Galaxie. Dublin, Ireland.
- Euston Station, by Betty And The Werewolves. London, England. 
- Clear The Air, by Jacco Gardner. Amsterdam, Netherlands. 
- Tout Va Pour Le Mieux, by Les Breastfeeders. Montreal, Canada. 
- Linda Magdalena, by The Voodoo Love Orchestra Brighton, England.
- Stranger Stranger, by Agent Side Grinder Sweden. 
- Go Gagambo, by ICHI. Bristol, England. 
- People And Thieves, by Nelson. Paris, France. 
- Twitter, by Skint and Demoralised. Wakefield, England. 
- Here and Now by Barbarella’s Bang Bang London, England. 
- Shine (feat. Cate Ferris), by Nordic Giants . Brighton, England. 
- Journey Back To Dawn, by Oracles. Berlin, Germany. 
It’s All Tickety Boo!….with tracks by … Crimsons, Sharon Van Etten, Jack Ladder and the Dreamlanders, Gurr, Mo Kenney, Marc O’Reilly, First Breath After Coma, Hey Charlie, A Forest Of Fools, Olympia, Biuret, The Monotones, Faith i Branko Quintet, Mystic Braves.
- Idle Ways, by Crimsons. Manchester, England.
- Come On Back This Way (feat Sharon Van Etten), by Jack Ladder and the Dreamlanders. Australia.
- Walnuts, by Gurr. Berlin, Germany.
- Telephones, by Mo Kenney. Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Graceland, by Marc O’Reilly. Ireland.
- Salty Eyes, by First Breath After Coma. Leiria, Portugal
- Hey, by Hey Charlie. London, England.
- Suggestive Digestive, by Forest Of Fools. England.
- This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things, by Olympia. Melbourne, Australia
- The End Of The World, by Biuret. Korea.
- Into The Night, by The Monotones. Korea.
- Stribor, by Faith I Branko Quintet. Serbia.
- Desert Island, by Mystic Braves. Los Angeles, USA.
The 10th Great Escape.. with tracks by… Edward Sansom, Screamin Miss Jackson and the Slap Ya’ Mama Big Band, The Parrotts, The Voodoo Love Orchestra, Noisy Pots, Howling Owl, Axel Flovent, Ben Caplan and The Casual Smokers, Nap Eyes, Barbarella’s Bang Bang, Pleasure Beach, Sego, Cherie and Renno, Vodun, Danpyunsun and the Sailors
- Follow, by Edward Sansom – Brighton, England. Spiegeltent
- Was I Drunk?, by Screamin Miss Jackson and the Slap Ya’ Mama Big Band – Bristol, England. Pop up Stage
- Terror, by The Parrotts – Madrid, Spain. Horatios
- Linda Magdalena, by The Voodoo Love Orchestra – Brighton, England. New Road Stage
- Get Your Freak On (excerpt), by Noisy Pots – Prague, Czech Republic. Busking
- Dance for Common Sense, by Howling Owl – Latvia. Queens Hotel
- Further, by Axel Flovent – Reykjavík, Iceland. Unitarian Church
- Birds with Broken Wings, by Ben Caplan and The Casual Smokers – Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Unitarian Church
- Roll It, by Nap Eyes – Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Green Door Store
- Here and Now by Barbarella’s Bang Bang – London, England. Pop up Stage
- Go, by Pleasure Beach – Belfast, Northern Ireland. Spiegeltent
- The Fringe, by Sego – Losa Angeles, USA. Hope and Ruin
- Let Me In, by Cherie and Renno – Israel. Spiegeltent
- Mawu, by Vodun – London, England. The Hub
- Lover, by Danpyunsun and the Sailors – South Korea. Latest Music Bar
- Gastronomy, by Noisy Pots – Prague, Czech Republic. The Synergy Centre
TGE#9… with tracks by… Jeremy Loops, Gabrielle Papillon, Oracles, Le Galaxie, Flyying Colours, Andrea Balency, The Accidentals, Keston Cobblers’ Club.
- Skinny Blues, by Jeremy Loops. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Go Into The Night, by Gabrielle Papillon. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Journey Back To Dawn, by Oracles. Berlin, Germany.
- Humanise, by Le Galaxie. Dublin, Ireland.
- Wavygravy, by Flyying Colours. Melbourne, Australia.
- You’ve Never Been Alone, by Andrea Balency. Paris, France.
- Catastrophe, by The Accidentals. Durban, South Africa.
- Your Mother, by Keston Cobblers’ Club. Keston, England.